May 18, 2007

Altoona 'n State College Travels


Spent half this week on the road in Altoona and State College. Now State College is fun, no doubt about that...a lot of nice sights as well. Good eats and had a beer or 3.

Now Altoona is a different story. It's a little depressing and bleak. But, I managed to have a great time due to a nice little ballpark and watching the Altoona Curve, the AA team of the Pirates (these guys actually win). The park is like a little PNC field, very nice and new. Now, being the VIP I am (HA), I was sitting in a box and was able to enjoy free food and drink. But in walking around the park I was shocked to see a large beer only cost $2.75...not the $100 at PNC! Place was sold out w/ a lot of families. A really nice time.

Even better (or worse for my work), the visiting team was staying at my hotel. As an old minor league player myself, I wandered into the hotel bar about 9PM and spent half the night hanging w/ these kids and talking. Good times and good beer.

Now, I was ok at a mtg the next day...but the team lost. I like to think it was my fault keeping a couple of them out past curfew ;) So I did my part in helping the home team win! Yea!

DW-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.