Jun 7, 2007

Runners Knee....ugh

I finally decide to get back to my "playing weight," watching the diet and running again. Things go real well for about the first 3 weeks. I dropped about 11 lbs. and was running well. Until I woke up last Wednesday w/ knee pain that was a killer.

Flash forward to today. It's just as bad as last week, more or less. However, I've taken the last 2 days off and it's doing somewhat better. I also was recommended to get this little band that goes right beneath the knee for support. That little band is a BIG help. I couldn't believe it. I'm gonna take another day or 2 off and ride the bike...but I'm ready to roll again I think!

I wonder what others think? I've heard I should rest it more, try to get thru it and more. The "getting thru it" was DUMB as I've been limping pretty good until yesterday/today.

I'm no runner, how do I get runners knee? Likely b/c I'm NOT a runner, that's how I get it!

Damn.

DW-

No comments: